- RT @RACERmag: The GT World Challenge crews took to the Florida heat on Sunday for race two at Sebring. K-PAX came out on top again, along w…
- RT @dailysportscar: “This Title Goes To Them”: @andreacalda comments after clinching back-to-back @gtworldcham Pro Drivers' Championships,…
- @RaceWx4You @andreacalda We beat the rain, so thanks for making that call to Mother Nature today. 👌
- K-PAX Racing settled the @gtworldcham Pro Team and Drivers' Championship with a sweep of #GTSebring. 📰:… https://t.co/ixumJp449d
- RT @gtworldcham: 💥💥💥 Another @Crowdstrike Fast Lap for Caldarelli! #kpFanatecGT #GTWorldChAm #GTSebring https://t.co/7L7jmvgu9p
- Secured. @andreacalda clinches his second-consecutive @gtworldcham Drivers' Championship at #GTSebring, the same pl… https://t.co/a6vWb2ZSc8
- K-PAX Racing, No. 1 @LamborghiniSC #Huracan GT3 EVO sweep @gtworldcham #GTSebring. #GTWorldChAm #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/JNSbnhkkZA
- A well executed joker stop for the No. 1 gets K-PAX Racing to the lead! @BerettaMichele in the seat now. #GTSebring… https://t.co/NxEgLk5fyf
- .@andreacalda regains his spot in a similar sequence, overtaking @jordanpepper46 into the first turn. It's going do… https://t.co/Fnk1FGSVBd
- K-PAX Racing makes up the second row of the grid, and we are green for the @gtworldcham #GTSebring finale. A quick… https://t.co/dYBVXWwvx1
K-PAX Racing & McLaren to Visit Family House in San Francisco
Team Raced for children with pediatric illnesses in 2017
K-PAX Racing and Family House in San Francisco will celebrate their joint effort in raising awareness of pediatric illness during the 2017 racing season with a visit of the team’s drivers and one of its racecars to the Family House facility on Wednesday, September 13 at 10:00 a.m. During the 2017 season, K-PAX Racing adorned the roofs of the racecars with art created by the children staying at Family House. McLaren San Francisco will bring two McLarens for the families to see and experience up close. Salesforce volunteers will host the party in the Family House courtyard with games, food and activities.
The Family House visit leads up to K-PAX Racing competing in the Pirelli World Challenge Championships at Sonoma Raceway September 15-17. The team will host Family House families on September 15 at the track with race tickets and lunch in the paddock with the K-PAX Racing crew.
Family House serves as a home away from home and a pediatric guesthouse for families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses by providing physical comfort and emotional support, free from financial concerns. The $42 million Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House is located a few blocks away from the new UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. With cancer treatment taking weeks or even months, Family House is an oasis and a compassionate space for children and families going through the hardest times in their lives. Family House serves 80 families per night and runs at almost 100 percent occupancy.
Jim Haughey, who first entered his K-PAX Racing team in the Pirelli World Challenge in 2007, has been fortunate enough to foster a multi-championship winning team in one decade as owner. For him however, championships do not measure personal success. More than five years ago, Haughey sought to offer his support to those less fortunate. His extensive research led him to Family House Inc., which was located less than 50 miles from the team’s shop in Sonoma, California. Haughey believes his success is not defined by how many championships he wins, but for how many smiles he puts on people’s faces on and off the track.
“I was looking for a group that was directly involved in what they were doing,” Haughey said. “Moreover, that they really cared about what they were doing. I wanted to make an impact. If we can put a smile on at least one child’s face, then I will be happy.”
“Family House has thoroughly enjoyed our relationship with K-PAX Racing and have truly appreciated the generous commitment shown to the organization by Jim and his team,” Family House CEO Alexandra Morgan said. “With our mutual efforts in fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses, our families will hopefully all enjoy being in victory lane.”
About K-PAX Racing
Since joining the Pirelli World Challenge in 2007, K-PAX Racing has celebrated a total of 105 podiums, 43 wins and four driver championships, solidifying the team as a continuous championship contender. In 2014, K-PAX Racing expanded its relationship with McLaren GT, bringing two new 2015 McLaren 650S GT3 racecars into competition. The renewed effort kept K-PAX Racing at the forefront of competition, becoming a serious championship contender in the seasons to follow. In 2016, the team expanded to three full season McLaren 650S GT3 racecars, and clinched the Pirelli World Challenge Team, Driver, and Manufacturer Championships.
About McLaren GT
McLaren has been a pioneer and setting benchmarks on the tracks around the world for 50 years, and the latest range of GT racing models based on the road-going McLaren Automotive range is no different. McLaren GT was established in 2011 to develop, build and support all GT race activities. Based in Woking, Surrey at the former home of McLaren Racing, the company is responsible for the design, development and production of the 650S GT3, 570S GT4, and 650S and 570S Sprint.
About Family House
For over 35 years, Family House has served as a home away from home and a pediatric guesthouse for families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses being treated at UCSF Children’s Hospital. In early 2016, Family House completed a four-year, $43 million Capital Campaign to build and operate the Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House and celebrated its Grand Opening in March 2016. The new facility is located in the Mission Bay neighborhood near AT&T Park and a few blocks from UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. Family House is a not-for-profit organization and receives no public financial support with all funds for building and operating the facility raised privately through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations. Since January 2017, over 12,000 people have stayed at the new Family House and have been served by over 3,000 volunteers.
Previous | Next
24 Hours of Spa 2022