Effective on: April 1, 2022
K-PAX Racing is committed to be a trusted steward of any personal information you share with us, as we strive to create a secure, yet exciting experience on and off the racetrack. We rely on this data to offer fans of the team and sport quality products, with the ultimate goal of making an enjoyable experience.
Categories and Sources of Personal Information we Collect
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the services you use, products you purchase, and the choices you make. We collect personal information about you in different ways and from different sources, including through the products, services, and features we provide such as websites, online services, and platforms we own or operate.
Information You Provide to Us: You share information with us in various ways, including when you create or modify an account with us, purchase our products, ask us for information about the team, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us. For example, we collect the following:
- Contact Information: Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we collect personal or business information such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number. We may also ask you to provide email addresses of others if necessary.
- Payment Data: If you make a purchase, we collect credit card numbers and other payment or billing information.
- Preferences: You may indicate preferences such as your preferred communication method, location, or time zone, when you subscribe to our official team shop or sign-up for any communications from the team.
- Identifiers: Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, you may provide us with unique identifiers associated with you. For example, when you leave a comment on one of our social media sites, you provide us with your social media ID.
- Security: When you create or modify an account with us (shop.kpaxracing.com), you may provide us with an email/username and password, along with other information used to authenticate your account such as answers to security questions, etc. You may use these credentials to sign into other K-PAX Racing experiences (if supported).
- Content of Communications: When you communicate with us, such as via emails, customer service requests, or social media posts, likes, or messages, we collect the content of your communication.
Information From Your Devices: When you use our websites and online services, we automatically collect some information from the devices you’re using (such as mobile phone, tablet, smartwatch, or computer). For example:
- Device Details and Network Information: Some devices share, and our servers log, information such as type of device, hardware model, MAC Address, operating system, version, settings, configuration, and network-related information (for example, IP address, mobile network provider, etc.). As described more in the Cookies section below, our websites and online products store and retrieve device identifiers (such as browser and other unique online identifiers) using cookies, pixel tags, and other digital technologies set on your device.
- Digital Activity: As described more in the Cookies section below, when you browse our website or use our other online products, we collect information about your online activity and interaction with our products, such as access times, webpages or content viewed, mouse movements, scrolling, features used, how the webpage or online feature performed, or viewed during previous visits, etc.
- Device and Mobile Location: Depending on your device and app settings, we also collect location data from your devices.
We generate information from the data we collect, as well as receive personal information from other companies we work together with to offer services to our customers with our marketing / news distribution messages. Specifically, payment data, which we may gather information when you pay for our products (e.g., transaction history).
We may combine personal information we collect from any of the above sources. We also collect information in de-identified form, such that the information cannot reasonably be linked back to you.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline (such as not entering a credit card on the team’s online shop. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for certain services, they may not function correctly or be available for use. If you choose not to provide or allow information that is necessary for certain products or features, those products or features may not function correctly or be available for use.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences, or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience.
However, you can choose not to allow certain types of cookies by exiting the K-PAX Racing website. To navigate the website, cookies are deployed in order to ensure the proper functioning of our website (such as prompting the cookie banner and remembering your settings, to log into your account, to redirect you when you log out, etc.)
Industry-wide opt-outs: Many of these companies are also members of associations, which provide a simple way to opt out of analytics and ad targeting, which you can access at:
- United States: Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance
- Canada: Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada
- Europe: European Digital Advertising Alliance
K-PAX Racing may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers via the team’s official online store, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. We may receive a notification when you open an email or click on a link within our distribution, using the information provided to improve your experience.
If you intend to or have purchased K-PAX Racing merchandise, or have signed-up to receive emails, including our newsletter, you acknowledge that the information you provide:
- Ensures that purchased products will be delivered in a timely manner, and it provides K-PAX Racing a resource to contact you if there are any issues regarding the order.
- Offers K-PAX Racing the ability to share news and team developments.
- Data provided will be used to create an efficient buyer and user experience on the K-PAX Racing platform, and manufacturers / vendors used by K-PAX Racing will have access to facilitate each request.
- Users must give prior consent before joining the email news distribution.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from K-PAX Racing, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of the email.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
K-PAX Racing does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you an e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to K-PAX Racing, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
K-PAX Racing may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on K-PAX Racing or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of K-PAX Racing; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of K-PAX Racing, or the public.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate and lawful business purposes. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly based on criteria such as user expectations or consent, the sensitivity of the data, the availability of automated controls that enable users to delete data, and our legal or contractual obligations.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2022 will receive information regarding 2021).
To obtain this information on behalf of K-PAX Racing, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
If you want an authorized person to submit a CCPA request on your behalf, the authorized agent must provide proof of your written permission to submit the request(s) on your behalf and other information relating to their authorized person’s status. If the authorized person is submitting a “Delete My PI” or “Access My PI” request on your behalf, we may also require you to verify your identity directly with us.
To exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you may request to access or delete any Personal Information (PI) used by K-PAX Racing by contacting email@example.com:
- Access / Delete: You can request access to personal information we’ve collected about you.
Please provide as much information as you can, which is important for our verification process. It helps us determine (1) if we have personal information about you in our system, (2) if you’re a California resident, and (3) if we can verify your identity. Please be aware that we may not be able to verify your identity if you do not provide enough information. On the other hand, it is not guaranteed we will be able to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by the CCPA.
We will use the information you provide only for our verification efforts, for purposes of security and fraud prevention, and for the CCPA’s record-keeping requirements.
If we’re able to verify your identity to the degree of certainty required by the CCPA, we will disclose to you either a category-level report on the personal information we have collected about you or the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, depending on the degree of certainty established by the verification results.
There may be other circumstances where we are not able to provide you with some information, as permitted by the CCPA. For example, if we are not able to verify that information relates to you instead of someone else, if providing information to you could adversely affect the rights of someone else, or if information consists of trade secrets, we may not provide the affected information.
You have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising rights set out in the CCPA.
California Business and Professions Code Section 22581: California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications have a right under California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 to remove, or request and obtain removal of, content or information they have publicly posted. To remove content or information you have publicly posted, please send a detailed description of the specific content or information you wish to have removed; see How to Contact Us below. Please be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests or contact our Data Protection Officer, contact us at the address at the bottom of this Policy. When we are processing data on behalf of another party that is the “data controller,” you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
Changes to this Statement
Security of Personal Information
Safeguarding personal information is important to us. While no systems, applications, or websites are 100% secure, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to help protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
To help us protect personal information, we request that you use a strong password and never share your password with anyone or use the same password with other sites or accounts.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or a question for K-PAX Racing, please contact us at:
29663 Arnold Dr,
Sonoma, CA 95476