- RT @sportscar365: 🌎 K-PAX GOING GLOBAL? @KPAXRacing could undertake a full-season @IntercontGTC program next year although have unanswered…
- RT @franck_perera: Practice day here at @indy8hour @KPAXracing @LamborghiniSC https://t.co/pmXZB6cgjM
- Oh, how good it is to be back at @IMS. #Indy8H #GTWorldChAm #IGTC #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/BMycqV82Vr
- We’re getting ready for a day of @indy8hour testing! #GTWorldChAm #IGTC #Indy8H #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/8RkWSFnhTw
- We appreciate you all and the strong support you’ve given us over the years! It keeps us doing what we do best! Tha… https://t.co/n61v0PJJ39
- @SeeFusionn @thegranturismo Well done. This is art.
- The starting place of how races are won. Our crew is already hard at work leading into @indy8hour week. #Indy8H… https://t.co/Tu6QfyjnjG
- K-PAX Racing will finish out its @gtworldcham season at the "Racing Capital of the World," @IMS, for the @indy8hour… https://t.co/fekSOrVuxX
- @franck_perera @IntercontGTC @LamborghiniSC Star Studded ✨
- RT @franck_perera: 💥 NEWS 💥 Happy to race for the first time with @KPAXracing at the iconic track of Indianapolis 🇺🇸 for the @IntercontGTC…
K-PAX Racing McLaren 650S GT3 on display at Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion
K-PAX Racing’s McLaren 650S GT3 will be part of a special display August 17-20 showcasing influential race cars from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca’s 60-year history.
Laguna Seca has played a special role in two of K-PAX Racing’s championship seasons. The yellow and black No. 9 McLaren, driven by McLaren Factory Driver Alvaro Parente, won the Pirelli World Challenge finale at Laguna Seca in October 2016 in a memorable last lap pass. Parente not only won the race by a narrow 0.671 margin, but also captured the Drivers, Team and Manufacturers Championships. This marked the most recent professional championship for McLaren worldwide.
Laguna Seca also played a key role in K-PAX Racing’s very first championship. Randy Pobst, driving a K-PAX Racing Porsche 911 GT3, secured the Drivers Championship by capturing the pole and a second-place finish at Laguna Seca. This would be the first of four Drivers Championships that have been won by K-PAX drivers.
Aside from all the great success K-PAX Racing has earned at Laguna Seca, team owner Jim Haughey has a place for one of racing’s most historic tracks in his heart. The Sunnyvale, Calif. native remembers going to races as early as his late-teens.
“Laguna Seca is a special place to me,” Haughey said. “It’s close to where I grew up. It has so much history and the location on the Monterey Peninsula is so picturesque. And then you have the cork screw. What a challenging track – one of the best.”
“We are very proud to have a place in Laguna Seca’s extensive history of excellence,” Haughey continued. “Congratulations to Laguna Seca for offering some of the nation’s best racing over the past 60 years.”
For more information – including how to purchase tickets – visit mazdaraceway.com/rolex-monterey-motorsports-reunion.
About K-PAX Racing
Since joining the Pirelli World Challenge in 2007, K-PAX Racing has celebrated a total 105 podiums, 43 wins and four driver championships, solidifying the team as a continuous championship contender. In 2014, K-PAX Racing expanded its relationship with McLaren GT, bringing two new 2015 McLaren 650S GT3 race cars into competition. The renewed effort kept K-PAX Racing at the forefront of competition, becoming a serious championship contender in the seasons to follow. In 2016, the team expanded to three full season McLaren 650S GT3 race cars, and clinched the Pirelli World Challenge Team, Driver, and Manufacturer Championships.
About McLaren GT
McLaren has been a pioneer and setting benchmarks on the tracks around the world for 50 years, and the latest range of GT racing models based on the road-going McLaren Automotive range is no different. McLaren GT was established in 2011 to develop, build and support all GT race activities. Based in Woking, Surrey at the former home of McLaren Racing, the company is responsible for the design, development and production of the 650S GT3, 570S GT4, and 650S and 570S Sprint models.
Previous | Next