- We’re getting ready for a day of @indy8hour testing! #GTWorldChAm #IGTC #Indy8H #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/8RkWSFnhTw
- We appreciate you all and the strong support you’ve given us over the years! It keeps us doing what we do best! Tha… https://t.co/n61v0PJJ39
- @SeeFusionn @thegranturismo Well done. This is art.
- The starting place of how races are won. Our crew is already hard at work leading into @indy8hour week. #Indy8H… https://t.co/Tu6QfyjnjG
- K-PAX Racing will finish out its @gtworldcham season at the "Racing Capital of the World," @IMS, for the @indy8hour… https://t.co/fekSOrVuxX
- @franck_perera @IntercontGTC @LamborghiniSC Star Studded ✨
- RT @franck_perera: 💥 NEWS 💥 Happy to race for the first time with @KPAXracing at the iconic track of Indianapolis 🇺🇸 for the @IntercontGTC…
- K-PAX Racing details 2022 @indy8hour program, which includes an expanded driver line-up in its two @LamborghiniSC… https://t.co/Eofs5Zr7B8
- Pure speed and racecraft to multiple @gtworldcham Championships. #GTWorldChAm #GTSebring #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/a4yPma4Ev8
- RT @RACERmag: The GT World Challenge crews took to the Florida heat on Sunday for race two at Sebring. K-PAX came out on top again, along w…
K-PAX Racing to Forego VIRginia International Raceway
Team will proceed on a race-by-race basis under pandemic conditions
K-PAX Racing announced Tuesday its withdrawal from the SRO GT World Challenge America Powered by AWS season reboot July 9-12 at VIRginia International Raceway (VIR). The team decision has been made as an extra precaution while the world still sees the affects made by the COVID-19 pandemic.
K-PAX Racing, which values its lasting loyalty and dedication to producing a championship-caliber team in the series since 2007, also puts a strong precedence on the safety and well-being of its staff. The team will reassess for the events that follow VIR, continually working together to make an agreed upon decision internally.
“Given the recent surge in the COVID-19 daily rates throughout the U.S. and the uncertainty surrounding individual states in dealing with the virus in the future, the team and its drivers are dedicated to the health and safety of their people as a top priority and will take a sideline seat until there is a clear and reliable path moving forward,” K-PAX Racing Program Manager Darren Law said.
While K-PAX Racing removes its No. 8 Bentley Continental GT3 from competition for the third and fourth rounds of action, the series will still proceed under strict protocols to create the safest environment for its teams.
The series has strategically created rules and guidelines, some of many being limited credentialing for all its teams, mandating face masks and practicing social distancing. The series also requires preliminary screening, which includes completing a health questionnaire and temperature check before gaining access into the event. Spectators will not be permitted to attend the event.
“Over the last number of months, our global management team has worked diligently on developing and adopting safe working protocols in adherence with federal, state and local health authorities and in consultation with our tracks, partners and teams. Safety remains our first priority for our teams, drivers, partners and staff,” said Greg Gill, President and CEO, SRO Motorsports America. “We respect K-PAX’s decision. K-PAX has not missed a race with the Series since 2007. That record and their decision speaks volumes as to their commitment to motorsports and the series, and as well how seriously they are adapting to the pandemic environment today. We look forward to their return to the series at Sonoma.”
About K-PAX Racing
Based in Sonoma, Calif., K-PAX Racing has celebrated a total 148 podiums, 59 wins, four Driver Championships and three Manufacturer Championships, solidifying the team as a continuous championship contender. In the GT Class, K-PAX Racing has fielded Porsche 911 GT3s during the 2007 – 2008 seasons, Volvo S60s during the 2009 – 2013 seasons, McLaren 12C GT3s in 2014 and McLaren 650S GT3s from 2015 – 2017. The team made a switch to Bentley for 2018, fielding the first-generation Continental GT3 in its first season and the second-generation model in 2019.
About Bentley Motorsport
Bentley Motorsport is based at the Bentley Motors headquarters in Crewe. From there, the operation runs Bentley Team M-Sport, and oversees customer racing operations around the world.
The Continental GT3 is built by the Bentley motorsport team in conjunction with M-Sport. The Bentley Motorsport team is led by Bentley Director of Motorsport, Paul Williams supported by M-Sport’s Chief Engineer, Christian Loriaux.
Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines, Continental, Bentayga, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands.
Previous | Next