- RT @RACERmag: The GT World Challenge crews took to the Florida heat on Sunday for race two at Sebring. K-PAX came out on top again, along w…
- RT @dailysportscar: “This Title Goes To Them”: @andreacalda comments after clinching back-to-back @gtworldcham Pro Drivers' Championships,…
- @RaceWx4You @andreacalda We beat the rain, so thanks for making that call to Mother Nature today. 👌
- K-PAX Racing settled the @gtworldcham Pro Team and Drivers' Championship with a sweep of #GTSebring. 📰:… https://t.co/ixumJp449d
- RT @gtworldcham: 💥💥💥 Another @Crowdstrike Fast Lap for Caldarelli! #kpFanatecGT #GTWorldChAm #GTSebring https://t.co/7L7jmvgu9p
- Secured. @andreacalda clinches his second-consecutive @gtworldcham Drivers' Championship at #GTSebring, the same pl… https://t.co/a6vWb2ZSc8
- K-PAX Racing, No. 1 @LamborghiniSC #Huracan GT3 EVO sweep @gtworldcham #GTSebring. #GTWorldChAm #LamborghiniSC https://t.co/JNSbnhkkZA
- A well executed joker stop for the No. 1 gets K-PAX Racing to the lead! @BerettaMichele in the seat now. #GTSebring… https://t.co/NxEgLk5fyf
- .@andreacalda regains his spot in a similar sequence, overtaking @jordanpepper46 into the first turn. It's going do… https://t.co/Fnk1FGSVBd
- K-PAX Racing makes up the second row of the grid, and we are green for the @gtworldcham #GTSebring finale. A quick… https://t.co/dYBVXWwvx1
K-PAX Racing Makes Early Surge to Top at Las Vegas
Will Start on Pole for Rounds 13 & 14
K-PAX Racing captured both poles Friday for Rounds 13 & 14 of Blancpain GT World Challenge America action at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The team’s No. 9 Bentley Continental GT3, manned by Álvaro Parente and Andy Soucek, took center stage in each group and added to its qualifying success through the 2019 season.
“This is a great way to close out the final qualifying of the season by having two poles back-to-back by the No. 9 car,” K-PAX Racing Program Manager Darren Law said. “It’s amazing. As always, Álvaro and Andy did a phenomenal job and so did Rodrigo [Baptista] and Max [Soulet].”
Soucek took to the track in the first group, quickly reaching a lightning-fast pace. On his third lap, he recorded a best time of 1:32.437. Parente followed suit, topping the charts on his fourth lap with a 1:32.062. The pair’s sister-car, the No. 3 fielded by Baptista and Soulet, qualified third and fourth in its groups.
The No. 9 team has seen major success during qualifying throughout the season, earning seven – at least one at five of the seven tracks on the schedule. The last time the No. 9 swept both groups of qualifying was at VIRginia International Raceway earlier this season, where it crossed the checkers first in the event opener. Parente and Soucek have won from pole twice this season.
“Both cars are up in the front, and we’re excited,” Law said. “It’s not just a ‘one-off.’ We think we’re good for the long-haul, too.”
The No. 3 also showed its speed under the Las Vegas lights for the series’ opening practice session. During the hour-long session, Soulet clocked-in at a 1:33.278 – the quickest in the 13-car field.
Rounds 13 & 14 will share the same day on Saturday, with the first of two races set to start at 10:55 a.m. PT.
Álvaro Parente – No. 9 Bentley Continental GT3 – “This one worked out really well because I hadn’t got sector three right yet. I got it just right for qualifying. It will be a long day tomorrow with the two races, but let’s see what we can do.”
Andy Soucek – No. 9 Bentley Continental GT3 – “It felt really good, and the car was great from the start. I could already feel the grip on the first lap, and then I just improved a little more every lap. When I increased the temperature on the tires and the pressure hit the right number, we were able to be one-tenth quicker than the runner-up and three-tenths quicker than Rodrigo [Baptista]. It was a solid lap, and it’ll be solid to start both races from pole.”
Rodrigo Baptista – No. 3 Bentley Continental GT3 – “I don’t think I did the perfect lap, but I’ll start the opening race behind our sister car in the second row. I think it’s better to start on the inside, so it should be good. We’ll see tomorrow.”
Max Soulet – No. 3 Bentley Continental GT3 – “[Fourth] isn’t the best, but I just didn’t have any grip on the rear-axle. It was so easy last night and today, it was a totally different car. We’re struggling a bit, and we need to investigate why today was so different.”
About K-PAX Racing
Based in Sonoma, Calif., K-PAX Racing has celebrated a total 144 podiums, 57 wins, four Driver Championships and three Manufacturer Championships, solidifying the team as a continuous championship contender. In the GT Class, K-PAX Racing has fielded Porsche 911 GT3s during the 2007 – 2008 seasons, Volvo S60s during the 2009 – 2013 seasons, McLaren 12C GT3s in 2014 and McLaren 650S GT3s from 2015 – 2017. The team made a switch to Bentley for 2018, fielding the first-generation Continental GT3 in its first season and the second-generation model in 2019.
About Bentley Motorsport
Bentley Motorsport is based at the Bentley Motors headquarters in Crewe. From there, the operation runs Bentley Team M-Sport, and oversees customer racing operations around the world.
The Continental GT3 is built by the Bentley motorsport team in conjunction with M-Sport. The Bentley Motorsport team is led by Bentley Director of Motorsport, Paul Williams supported by M-Sport’s Chief Engineer, Christian Loriaux.
Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines, Continental, Bentayga, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands.
Previous | Next
24 Hours of Spa 2022