- Ahead of the third round of @gtworldcham, the series' @AmandaBusick catches up with @andreacalda: #GTNOLA… https://t.co/AAojHO7e5U
- RT @dailysportscar: #GTWorldChAm Qualifying Report by @rjoconnell ⚫ Beretta gives @KPAXracing Race 1 pole at NOLA later today! ⚪ Spinelli…
- For Sunday's @gtworldcham #GTNOLA finale, the No. 1 of @andreacalda qualified sixth (2nd Pro) on the grid (1:33.722… https://t.co/WEB5BB4Y3i
- Co-driver of the No. 1 @LamborghiniSC #Huracan GT3 EVO, @BerettaMichele, gets pole (1:34.067) for the third round o… https://t.co/x1Oho5PO6W
- Take a ride around @NOLAMotorsports with @andreacalda and our No. 1 @LamborghiniSC #Huracán GT3 EVO. #GTNOLA… https://t.co/syXUy2ITiA
- K-PAX Racing joins @gtworldcham in making its first tracks at @NOLAMotorsports. The team brings a revised line-up t… https://t.co/9rP6zmRgsv
- RT @dailysportscar: #GTNOLA Practice Reports by @rjoconnell @andreacalda quickest in @gtworldcham Practice 1! @StevanMcAleer sets the pa…
- RT @gtworldcham: 🏁Practice 1 K-Pax Leads Field in Practice 1 Top cars by class ⚪️Pro: #1, K-Pax Racing, Lamborghini Huracan GT3 ⚫️Pro-A…
- Welcome to K-PAX Racing, @BerettaMichele! Wasting no time, the No. 1 climbs to the top in the time charts (1:34.248… https://t.co/fclTSjbdDu
- RT @dailysportscar: #GTWorldChAm Practice 1 Report by @rjoconnell: New @KPAXracing recruit Michele Beretta goes quickest ahead of @USRaceTr…
K-PAX Racing, Family House Continue Race Against Pediatric Cancer in 2018
Will help raise awareness for second-straight season
K-PAX Racing will continue to proudly support Family House throughout the 2018 race season in the race against pediatric cancer. In a mission to raise awareness of supporting families of children with life-threatening illnesses – a common-day struggle seen nationwide – the team has rallied behind Family House and its affected families by offering them added comfort through sports car racing.
“We are pleased to continue our support of Family House,” K-PAX Racing Team Owner Jim Haughey said. “The Family House mission is one that we believe in as a team, and we look forward to the opportunity to make a difference off the track.”
Family House serves as a home away from home and a pediatric guesthouse for families of children with pediatric cancer and other life-threatening illnesses by providing physical comfort and emotional support, free from financial concerns. Since opening the doors of its new facility – a 92,000 square foot LEED Certified Platinum structure in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco – Family House serves 80 families per night and runs at almost 100 percent occupancy.
In May 2017, K-PAX Racing officially teamed-up with Family House and has since provided families excitement through racing. During the team’s final race week in the Pirelli World Challenge at Sonoma Raceway (Calif.), the team hosted more than 50 people from Family House in the paddock. Earlier in the same week, the team made an appearance at Family House. In a joint-effort with McLaren San Francisco, K-PAX Racing brought an interactive display to the facility — including one of its race cars.
“Family House is thrilled, once again, to partner with K-PAX Racing to support children with cancer and their families,” Family House CEO Alexandra Morgan said. “K-PAX provides the opportunity for sick children to experience the exciting world of racing and race cars first-hand — and to forget for a little while what it means to face a life-threatening illness. The K-PAX team knows how to stand up for a strong challenge, just as kids with cancer learn to do. Together, they create a magical experience for all.”
The team’s Bentley Continental GT3 cars will feature the Family House logo for the 2018 season. K-PAX Racing recently announced its switch to Bentley in December 2017. Last season, the K-PAX Racing fleet featured collages of pictures drawn by children at Family House.
“It was great to have the logos and all the messages that the boys and girls sent us throughout the year on the cars,” said Álvaro Parente, driver of the No. 9 Bentley Continental GT3. “I’m proud to use the Family House logo on the car. I wish the kids all the best and all the strength in the world. It’s great to be giving some publicity to Family House and for such a good cause.”
Family House, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that receives no public financial support with all funds for building and operating the facility raised privately through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations. To contribute, visit familyhouseinc.org.
About K-PAX Racing
Based in Sonoma, Calif., K-PAX Racing has celebrated a total 109 podiums, 43 wins, four Driver Championships and three Manufacturer Championships, solidifying the team as a continuous championship contender. In the GT Class K-PAX has fielded Porsche 911 GT3s during the 2007 – 2008 seasons, Volvo S60s during the 2009 – 2013 seasons, McLaren 12C GT3s in 2014 and McLaren 650S GT3s from 2015 – 2017.
About Bentley Motorsport
Bentley Motorsport is based at the Bentley Motors headquarters in Crewe. From there, the operation runs Bentley Team M-Sport, and oversees customer racing operations around the world.
The Continental GT3 is built by the Bentley motorsport team in conjunction with M-Sport. The Bentley Motorsport team is led by Bentley Director of Motorsport, Brian Gush supported by M-Sport’s Chief Engineer, Christian Loriaux.
Bentley Motors’ headquarters in Crewe is home to all of its operations including design, R&D, engineering and production of the company’s four model lines, Continental, Bentayga, Flying Spur and Mulsanne. The combination of fine craftsmanship, using skills that have been handed down through generations, alongside engineering expertise and cutting-edge technology is unique to UK luxury car brands.
Optimum Polymer Technologies, the manufacturer of Opti-Coat, was founded in Memphis, Tenn., on July 1, 2001 by Dr. David Ghodoussi. Prior to this, Dr. Ghodoussi worked for over 12 years as an Organic Chemist overseeing research and development focused in polymers and automotive paint formulations.
For more than a decade, Opti-Coat has been setting the industry standard with their unique coating technologies developing and manufacturing proprietary resins utilizing Silicon Carbide (SiC) chemistry. Opti-Coat’s purpose is to provide clients with a product that is the most durable, innovative and protective coating available.
Previous | Next