- K-PAX Racing sweeps its third @gtworldcham event of 2021 during Rounds 9 & 10 at @WGI. Both victories from pole and… https://t.co/Byn1QKXx19
- RT @MotorsportSA: SOUTH AFRICAN RACERS STAR IN THE ’STATES https://t.co/cePyiQ5pKB https://t.co/skYXDAw1dA
- @WGI @gtworldcham Thanks for having us! 😎
- RT @WGI: #MondayMotivation 🏁 @KPAXracing | @gtworldcham https://t.co/wnjTGC88ti
- K-PAX Racing completes the sweep of @gtworldcham #GTtheGlen – its third of the season. The No. 3 and No. 6… https://t.co/fKPWTdWudh
- RT @andreacalda: Thank you Watkins Glen 🇺🇸 you have been great to us! Great double Poles and Wins for the team! 💥 Thanks @kpaxracing and @…
- Wait until the end — sorry, @CoreyLewis48 😂. Congratulations to @jordanpepper46, @andreacalda, @venturini_gio and C… https://t.co/JYzzS5dGR1
- RT @gtworldcham: Race 2 🏁 Pepper/Caldarelli (Lamborghini) Sweep Watkins Glen Weekend 📰 https://t.co/IPCSRpI9ty #GTtheGlen | #GTWorldChAm…
- RT @WGI: Can’t celebrate with out the glorious @Glenorawine 🍾🍾 Congratulations to our Race 2 winners! #GTtheGlen | #GTWorldChAm | @gtwor…
- RT @WGI: A 1-2 finish for @KPAXracing 👏👏 #GTtheGlen | #GTWorldChAm | @gtworldcham https://t.co/WlGXHuElYL
In May 2017, K-PAX Racing and Family House in San Francisco announced a joint effort of a race against pediatric illness. Since, the team has worked closely with Family House to not only support families of children with pediatric illnesses, but also bring attention to a common-day struggle seen in communities nationwide.
“We are pleased to continue our support of Family House,” K-PAX Racing Team Owner Jim Haughey said. “The Family House mission is one that we believe in as a team, and we look forward to the opportunity to make a difference off the track.”
Family House serves as a home away from home and a pediatric guesthouse for families of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses by providing physical comfort and emotional support, free from financial concerns. The $42 million Nancy and Stephen Grand Family House is located a few blocks away from the new UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. With cancer treatment taking weeks or even months, Family House is an oasis and a compassionate space for children and families going through the hardest times in their lives. Family House serves 80 families per night and runs at almost 100 percent occupancy.
“Family House is proud to partner with the K-PAX-Racing team to support children with cancer and their families,” Family House CEO Alexandra Morgan said. “Through the efforts of enthusiastic team members, K-PAX Racing shares its success by giving back to Family House, a home-away-from-home for children with cancer and other serious illnesses throughout treatment at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital. Together, we provide essential services completely free of charge to those most in need, while creating fun and exciting experiences for sick children. Our shared goal: to put a smile on the face of every child and every parent we can.”
Haughey, who founded K-PAX Racing in 2006, has been fortunate enough to foster a multi-championship winning team in less than one decade as owner. For him however, championships do not measure personal success. More than five years ago, Haughey sought to offer his support to those less fortunate. His extensive research led him to Family House, which was located less than 50 miles from the team’s shop in Sonoma, Calif. Haughey believes his success is not defined by how many championships he wins, but for how many smiles he puts on people’s faces on and off the track.
“I was looking for a group that was directly involved in what they were doing,” Haughey said. “Moreover, that they really cared about what they were doing. I wanted to make an impact. If we can put a smile on at least one child’s face, then I will be happy.”
During the team’s final race week in the 2017 Pirelli World Challenge season at Sonoma Raceway (Calif.), the team hosted more than 50 people from Family House in the paddock. Earlier in the same week, the team made an appearance at Family House. In a joint-effort with McLaren San Francisco, K-PAX Racing brought an interactive display to the facility — including one of its race cars.
“K-PAX provides the opportunity for sick children to experience the exciting world of racing and race cars first-hand — and to forget for a little while what it means to face a life-threatening illness,” Morgan said. “The K-PAX team knows how to stand up for a strong challenge, just as kids with cancer learn to do. Together, they create a magical experience for all.”
Family House, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that receives no public financial support with all funds for building and operating the facility raised privately through the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations. To contribute, visit familyhouseinc.org.
Previous | Next
Watkins Glen International 2021